Saturday 17 July 2010

Upgrade complimentary earbuds

Not everyone is pleased with the earbuds that came with their ipod or other Mp3 player so here is some advice on what to do.

Complimentary Earbuds - Is It Time for an Upgrade Yet?

by
Jeffrey Meier

I recently opened my cute little iPod package to find my cute little complimentary earbuds. While everything was gooshing with cuteness, I couldn't help but feel cheated when, after downloading my music and plugging in my little "buds," the music coming from my iPod sounded sub-par.
It's hard to justify spending money on these devices, whether they are the iPod or another MP3 player when you never get the full package. I understand that you can always upgrade your own headphones during the purchasing process, but when has it ever been against the rules to simply get more for your money?

The earbuds that came with my device are about as "high-quality" as those you receive on your Air Tran flight - you know where they give you a cute little set to enjoy their XM Radio service during the flight. They're great company when in mid-air, especially if you want to tune out the people around you. But try plugging those babies into your stereo at home. It's like listening to a crackling phonograph machine - no good!

To begin to combat the problem of complimentary earbuds, I've compiled a short list of features I would love to see with those that come with future devices:

o Noise Cancellation - I'm sure you've heard of these great headphones by now. They are extremely popular with music lovers because they provide a very crisp, clean sound quality as a result of new technology that cancels out ambient (acoustic) noises near the speaker inside the earpiece. As a result, you can hear the subtleties of the music much better. And even more, you don't have to turn up the music as loudly to hear these subtleties. Just imagine how nice it would be to get a pair of noise canceling earbuds as a complimentary gift with your MP3 player - nice!

o Wireless - This is another feature for headphones and buds that is becoming all the rage for music lovers - largely due to Bluetooth technology. I'm sure you're well aware of the effects Bluetooth has had on society. You can't walk down the street without someone talking on their wireless earpiece. And since the creation of wireless headphones, people are walking around freely while listening to music from their portable device. Getting a complimentary set of in-ear buds would be a great way to really enjoy the new device.

As I look over my short list, I understand that I may be asking too much. I mean, some models of these types of headphones can cost as much as a new portable device itself. But that's only some models; not all. And keep in mind, there are brands of what we might consider "regular" headsets that put out a much better quality than the complimentary sets and probably would cost the company only pennies more than what they spend now.

But again, what do I know? I'm just a regular person wishing I'd bought my own upgraded earbuds or headphones before having to settle for the ones I have. Maybe in time, pleas like mine will be heard and companies will realize that the earbuds that people listen to music through are just as important as the music itself. Until that day, I guess I'll listen to the muffled sounds of my favorite song.

Jeffrey Meier of Jam727 Enterprises at http://www.Noisefreeheadphones.com offers the finest in replacement earbuds at http://www.noisefreeheadphones.com/earbud_headphones.htm

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Jeffrey_Meier


http://EzineArticles.com/?Complimentary-Earbuds---Is-It-Time-for-an-Upgrade-Yet?&id=929951

Handy list of printable US states and territories, and Canada's telephone area codes can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment